Saturday, April 21, 2007

SAY WHAT?!?!?!? THE BALDWIN MATTER FROM A SISTAH'S POINT OF VIEW


What's up, y'all?

I had not planned to write on this matter (a sistah's been quite busy lately). However at the urging of my dear brothas, I've been forced to provide a woman's perspective.

By now, you've all heard the tape. If not, check it out here.

I'm going to make this plain and simple, because as Americans, I am convinced that one of our primary issues is that we have a tendency to make stuff complicated when we don't have to. So, here it goes.....

I am a mother - a mighty proud mama...and if my child's father ehva (a.k.a. ever) spoke to her, the way Mr. Baldwin spoke to his daughter on her cell phone voicemail, I would have flown out to New York and wupped his ass myself. By the time I got through with him, he would have been begging me to release that recording to the media.

It would have been ON!

See, I told you it didn't have to be complicated. To get the other brotha's perspective, click here.

Let's just be glad his name is not Brad Pitt and that his daughter was not Black! To see what I mean, click here.