Monday, July 30, 2007

OUR SISTAH ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING TO SAY: THIS TIME IT'S ABOUT THE 2007 BLOGHER CONFERENCE LAST WEEKEND

BlogHer '07 In Chicago Was Incredible!

There is so much follow-up, so much to share, so many new awesome woman bloggers I want to highlight.

Before I do that, however, check out the video I was able to make of my experience at the conference courtesy of AOL Body.

To say I had a good time at the 2007 BlogHer Conference would be an understatement. What made the experience especially nice was the spirit of the attendees and quality of the leadership. I will admit, I did have a little hesitation. In the past, I have been associated with groups run predominantly run by White women and unfortunately, it was not always the most pleasant of experiences.

That has not been the case with BlogHer. Take for instance our speakers training session. From the moment I walked in, founders, Elisa Camahort, Lisa Stone and Jory Des Jardins all welcomed me and other speakers with open arms. Their level of inclusiveness was indeed genuine.

The amount of diversity was also much higher than I expected. The number of sharp minds and sharp women with the small, common objective to change the world for good has made the mood nothing less than electrifying.

In terms of what I have learned -- it was a lot!

I also almost forgot what a happening place Chicago is - so full of life and happy hour starts at 5:00 p.m. like clock work. Good times!

Well, on to the incredible women I was able to hook up with:

MORE>>