Sunday, July 22, 2007

WHY I'M FEELING RACIALLY ABUSED: OKAY, SO NOW WE'RE USING WORDS LIKE NEGUS AT A NATIONAL SPELLING BEE?


N-E-G-U-S (spelled just like it sounds)

By Undercover Black Man

So back in May the National Spelling Bee was on ESPN, right? A little redheaded white kid was at the microphone and – swear to God – they asked him to spell “niggas”!

Well, it was pronounced “niggas,” but the word turned out to be “negus.” And the kid didn’t know this word. He had to guess. It was totally like that ”naggers” routine on “South Park.”

And Opie got it right, too. He looked shocked as s***! I bet that video clip will become a YouTube sensation, y’all. I know I wanna see it again… like, right now!

Speaking of negus, I’d better go back to my TV set and see if there are any still in the competition. (Rooting for the Black kid in a spelling bee is like rooting for the White boy in a boxing match.)

UPDATED (06/01/07): Multi-thanks to loyal reader SJ, who found the N-word video on YouTube! Here it is:


I caught about that much of it when I turned on the TV yesterday. Now I wish someone would post the lead-up to this moment, when the word was first announced and pronounced and defined, etc. I wonder if there were any sniggers amongst the audience?

UPDATED (07/22/07): This vidclip has logged in almost 70,000 views on YouTube.