Tuesday, August 19, 2008

US Runners Finally Show Up At Beijing Olympics: Men Sweep 1-2-3 400 Meters Hurdles


I don't know about you but I was getting nervous for Team USA sprinters in the Olympics. Each night my wife and I just count the number of green and gold Jamaican jerseys we see in each race and wait for them to "smoke" the US runners. Yesterday we had a break through...

I was overjoyed to see the 400 Meter Hurdles race dominated by Team USA runners in the top three places. Congratulations to winner Angelo Taylor, who breezed to victory in a convincing time of 47.25. Silver went to Kerron Clement crossing the line at 47.98. Bronze winner Bershawn “Batman” Jackson closed out the top three at 48.06, giving Team USA their first Olympic sweep in the 400 hurdles since 1960.

Post Script: Check out the in depth article by Duncan Mackay The UK GUARDIAN, as he breaks down just where all those great Jamaican runners are being groomed.