Saturday, August 9, 2008

C'Mon Now, Being A Black Republican Isn't Sooo Bad!

Well, looks like I made the cut as the latest addition to the core Conservative Brotherhood.

As a long-time Democrat who's family continues to remain loyal to my former party, I'm proud to be a member of the GOP and look forward to sharing my views and ideologies. Yes I am a Black man married to a Black woman who attended a Black college and pledged a Black fraternity. Yes, most of my friends are Black. And yes, I'm down with Barack Obama.

After the jump, find out more about the Conservative Brotherhood.

The Conservative Brotherhood (CB) is a group of African American writers whose politics are on the right hand side of the political spectrum. Expanding the dialog beyond traditional boundaries, the CB seeks to contribute to a greater understanding of African Americans and America itself through advocacy and commentary. We encourage all to use this portal to discuss and debate the issues of the day.

Personally, I find a certain comraderie with many other Black Republicans who get it. And other than Barack, the other folks on my ballot with an (R) next to their name will be getting my vote. Why? Well, check out some of my shows over at Blogtalkradio where I discuss this in detail.