Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yo, How Long Can I Keep That New Car Smell?


I’ve leased a new car. I’ve been rolling around with it for a couple of weeks now... enjoying the new car smell.

And then something weird happened. I popped over to McDonald’s on Saturday for a late-night snack. Filet-O-Fish, medium fries, Coke. (My goal is to die before this lease expires.)

So I come home and enjoy my food while watching “Saturday Night Live.”

Cut to Sunday evening. I climb in my car again, this time to visit the donut shop. (I have a three-year lease.) And the interior of my brand new Corolla smells like McDonald’s. You know... that penetrating grease smell. It’s disgusting.

And I’m thinking, “What? That bag was in this car for five minutes. Now, almost 24 hours later, the car stinks of it!”

It totally destroyed the new car smell.