Monday, December 24, 2007

JAMES BROWN'S DEATH ONE YEAR LATER


It has been exactly one year since we lost James Brown, Soul Brother Number One, The Godfather of Soul. We truly miss him.

My favorite childhood Christmas Eve Memory is of my Old Man, Mr. Jim, turning off all the lights except for the Christmas lights and putting on a stack of 45's, (those are small vinyl records folks) all of them Christmas soul music and him dancing with with my mom in the middle of the family room floor as the kids just looked on. It was their moment.

My favorite song was James Browns' "Santa Clause go Straight to the Ghetto." That was our cue that the kids could get up and dance. I could not find a video of that song but I did find Faith Evan's tribute to another James Brown classic Christmas hit. Enjoy!