Sunday, September 2, 2007

I May Be Late, But Don Cheadle's 'Talk To Me' Is Hands Down The Best Movie This Year!

When it comes to the movie Talk to Me, as far as movie reviews go, there are those who would say that I am a day late and a dollar short. Well, while this blog is not specifically about movie reviews and while this is only my second one (my first one was on The Simpsons Movie), that should be enough to give me a pardon.

Talk to Me is the best movie that has been out this year. What makes me say this? Well, I've already seen it twice and I'm about to go see it a third time.Starring some of my favorite actors like Don Cheadle, Cedric the Entertainer, Martin Sheen, Taraji P. Henson and my new love fantasy, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Talk to Me is one of the best told stories in the movies I've seen in quite a while.

It's the story of the evolving relationship between an ambitious, fast-rising radio executive, Dewey Hughes (Chiwetel Ejiofor) and a talented fast-talking miscreant (i.e., ex-con) turned radio personality and comedian, Ralph Waldo "Petey" Greene (Don Cheadle). Luck emerges when opportunity meets the needs of both Hughes and Greene as Hughes has a chance to turn around a struggling Washington D.C. R&B radio station and Greene exercises his dogged determination to live out his dream as a disc jockey.

The result is a partnership turned friendship that takes them both to career heights to the likes neither have ever seen.The movie is hilarious up until the point when...

Continue with MOVIE REVIEW: TALK TO ME