Thursday, January 3, 2008

Barack Obama is Iowa's Great Debater, Next Stop The White House!

Resolute, Tough, Intense... Presidential
"A Defining Moment In History"

I remember how I felt leaving the theatre after seeing The Great Debaters last weekend. My wife and I took our 9 and 6-year-old sons to see what left me... just full. It's the same feeling I'm experiencing right now with Presidential candidate Barack Obama's incredible win tonight.

And that speech, it was historic. As a Black Republican, I am convinced that we are looking at the next president of the United States. I already see Will Smith playing Barack in the film, with Kimberly Elise as First Lady Michelle Obama. Hillary and the others, it's over.

To hell with pudits and media hacks who maintain that the country is not ready for "all of this." The political landscape has been shaken. As so eloquently put in the Denzel directed, Oprah produced college debate film, "The time for justice and to do what's right is always now!"

Anyone with even the slightest amount of black in their DNA has to be just a little more proud, a little more hopeful, and a little more inspired. Thank you Brother Barack. You are clearly ready for your close-up!