Saturday, January 5, 2008

Barack's In New Hampshire Poised For Another Win, But I'm Back At The Ranch In Iowa

It is with great pride that I can declare I am NOT an angry Black woman. In fact, I was praying I would have an opportunity to write this. As the showdown with Hillary Clinton moves to New Hampshire, America has turned a corner.

Since I started Why Black Women are Angry, I have been a Barack Obama supporter for President. Not just because he is Black, but because he is competent and Black. He is the embodiment of what it is to work hard, against all odds with relentless faith and unyielding hope in a great country like America.

Some friends and I have even stopped talking politics because they thought I was crazy to think a Barack Obama could even have a chance of becoming the first African American president of the United States. Even my man had to concede I was right - his exact words "Well, Baby, I guess you were right." Yes, I'm feeling good. I feel good not just because Barack won the Iowa Democratic caucus; I am happy because America is demonstrating we can truly be a United States of America with the right one to lead us. A Black man won in a state that was 98% white.

I am so proud of my country.I don't know. Who knows? Maybe this is temporary. However, I am going to ride this wave of hope. I need it. Continue reading OBAMA WINS IOWA: A BLACK WOMAN'S RENEWED FAITH IN AMERICA