Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred Thompson Says C'ya, Wouldn't Want To Be Ya!


Law & Order Star Can't Stand The McCain-Romney Rain

After finishing third in the South Carolina primary, former Tennessee senator Fred Thompson dropped his presidential bid Tuesday.

Unable to score a single victory in any of the early Republican primaries or caucuses, is anyone really surprised? Our question is, when is Rudy going to fold up his tent and go home?

“Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people,” Thompson said in a statement.

Prior to his public statement, the GOP candidate had begun calling friends, family members and supporters to tell them he was ending his campaign, four months after he formally announced his White House bid, a run that was greeted much more enthusiastically before he actually got into the race. via Fox News