Saturday, January 19, 2008

HUSBAND FOR HIRE'S TEMPEST BLEDSOE: VANESSA, WHERE YOU BEEN HIDING GIRLFRIEND?


Sure the plot was week, but did you check out all the familiar tv faces in tonight's Oxygen Channel Movie "Husband For Hire."

Nadine Velazquez (My Name Is Earl) played a young woman whose late mom forced her to have a husband by age 25 or lose her share of the family fortune. Kelly Ripa's man Mark Consuelos (All My Children) played the blue-collar hombre up for the job.

Sure we caught Dancing With The Star's Mario Lopez and fellow Latino actor Erik Estrada from "Chips," but we were really surprise to see Tempest, aka Vanessa from "The Cosby Show", up in this romantic comedy piece.

Do people still call you Vanessa Huxtable?

Yeah all the time. Even on the phone, ordering anything like plane tickets. Apparently my voice is very distinctive, so before I even give my name, people know ho I am. I get called out all the time. But you have to embrace that. There are a lot of actors who fight against it as they are struggling for an identity of their own, it kind of irks them. I totally embrace it. Its love and respect for what you did and the show had such a profound effect on so many people, so it’s never a negative thing. People usually say, hey Vanessa, and I let them know that I’m Tempest, but it’s always love.

Get the full interview over at Black Voices