Sunday, October 28, 2007

Miss Fantasia Is Doing Her Thing On Stage, And Letting It All Hang Out Off (If You Know What I Mean!)


American Idol winner turned Broadway sensation Fantasia breaks it down about her role as Celie in “The Color Purple”:

Miss Celie takes a lot out of me. I’m being told everyday that I’m ugly. … you can’t play the part if you don’t kind of put yourself in her and live her life. So it’s like, I carry that stuff with me. I put myself in her shoes in having (daughter) Zion at such a young age and dropping out of school and being in just bad and disrespected. I just feel like God won’t put too much on me than I can bear. As long as I feel like I’m touching somebody … as long as I’m blessing somebody, I know that I’ll be blessed.”

Thanks EUR Web & Bossip for the pics!

Now there does appear to be a freaky side to 23 year-old Ms. Barrino (C'mon, like you don't have one either!). For those pics, No Cream No Sugar has the hook-up. In the meantime, how about we listen to her jam, "When I See You!"