Monday, May 28, 2007

READERS DON'T YOU AGREE, CHARLES BARKLEY IS THE BEST BROADCASTER?


Charles Barkley is the very best athlete turned broadcasting personality in television and radio, bar none.

Yeah, that’s right I said it. Don’t make me say it again ’cause I’ll just say it even louder. Not a broadcast goes by when I am not amused, entertained, challenged and enlightened by what he has to say. I defy you readers to tell me otherwise!

In the most boring and mundane times in sports history, where every broadcaster goes forth with no personality of their own, where every broadcaster grabs his ankles to be politically correct…in steps sir Charles WHO “BRINGS IT!”, EVERY TIME!

I don’t give a fart about Don Meredith-football , John McEnroe-tennis, local Cincinnati Reds-Joe Morgan or new arrivals Tiki Barber and Keyshawn Johnson .

Readers if I’m “full of it”, sound off like ya’ got a pair and write me back.

I am man enough to say I will give you equal air time. If you have somebody who’s better than Sir Charles, even if he is a local broadcaster. Tell us about him/her. My only stipulation is that, the person have been a professional athlete first and then turned to broadcasting … in any sport.